Sunday, February 26, 2012

Feathered Friends

Why not two posts in one night?  I don't have to work tomorrow after all.

I learned something insightful about myself yesterday:  I love stupid animals.

I should have noticed this a long time ago when I begged my mom for rabbits, fish, turtles, parakeets, hamsters, and Jordan.  But it really hit home a day ago when I was eating lunch with Seth by a duck pond. I only had to see a few of these birds of lesser intelligence before I took off running to the edge of the pond to fling my sandwich at them, abandoning a very confused Seth.  There's something about their thumb-like heads and awkward waddling bodies that make ducks so pathetically lovable.  Seriously, how can you not love this??




Here's a few pictures of Seth and I at the pond (courtesy of Seth and friendly passerby with a moustache and an oversized cowboy hat.  I live in the Southwest).  

                                          I'm cracking up as I write this.  I promise
                                          there was more than one duck here.  

                                           Cool fountain in the back, yes?

This post probably doesn't have a point.  I'm learning.  But did you like it Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment